← Back to blakewatson.com
- I gave a talk at MagnoliaJS 2023 about the joys of home-cooked apps.
- My main side project, A Fine Start, is still chugging along. I have more customers now than I ever have!
- I launched a fun little notepad built on omg.lol.
- I've been learning how to use Cloudflare Workers as a backend as opposed to my typical PHP or NodeJS setup.
- I'm on a personal side quest to use Vue with nice DX but without a build step of any kind.
- I made a solitaire game with PixiJS.
Fun and stuff
- I got a new wheelchair!
- I wrote a novella in November 2023. I’m not publishing it anywhere but it was fun and I hope it leads to doing a bit more hobbyist fiction writing.
- I read the Bobiverse series (well, listened to books 1–3). It’s about a guy named Bob that finds himself as a disembodied AI program tasked to explore the universe as a self-replicating space probe. It gets weird in a way that I really enjoyed.
- This year I've obsessed with a little web service and community, omg.lol. It's $20 a year and you get so many fun things—a customizable profile page, an email forwarding address, a cute little statuslog, a weblog, subdomain URLs with DNS, a paste bin, a now page, a URL shortening service, and access to communities via IRC, Discord, and a Mastodon instance. 🤯
- Elon killed third-party Twitter clients earlier this year so I switched to Mastodon and now I'm using Ivory. Find me at @email@example.com.
Working on a now page. (I did it!)